Wednesday, October 31, 2012

More David Musing


ok.
i know i talk about his man a little much
but David's was always my favorite Bible story.
my friend says
"i don't know whether you are in love with David...
or you think you are David"
truly
i don't know
i just don't know
all i know it that David is a perfect example of a man, saved.
loves God
fails often
repents
needs to be told off sometimes
mourns and repents again
wins victories that he should not be able to, but does through God's power
has faith
hurts
feels so many things
talks to God about it.
man
i wish i was David sometimes
He had a heart like God's
so yeah
i try to learn from him.
and who doesn't love the Psalms?!?
That's a picture of true prayer right there.
lay it all out there
lay it all down
and praise Him through it all.
anywho,
here is a little more musing about David
and what God showed me through his life and his writing.

.............................................................................

David asked his soul questions
i wonder if this was a ongoing problem for him
his soul
being castdown
if he felt like this often.
three times he asked his soul the questions

"why are thou cast down?"
"why are thou disquieted?"

three times

his soul had lost hope
his soul was indeed
cast down
disquieted
and he asked his soul why?

why would you be this way, soul?
what are your reasons?

but David gave his soul no room to answer
he just told his soul what it should do
he told his soul what was
and what was going to be

hope in God
hope in God, soul
you might as well, soul
for i
i will yet praise Him
i'm going to praise Him no matter what your reasons, soul
you already know, soul, who holds the victory
who wins battles
who heals countenances
so why are you cast down, o my soul?
hope in God
that's the answer
hope in God
i'm not giving you a choice, soul
i'm not giving you a chance to sway me
i'm commanding you, soul
hope thou in God
for i will yet praise Him
i will be praising Him
for He's the only help for me
for you, soul
for He's our God

................................................................................

Psalm 42:5  Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.

Psalm 42:11 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

Psalm 43:5  Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.


No comments:

Post a Comment