Wednesday, July 11, 2012

God Knows My Heart


Been thinking about alot of things lately.
David has been one of them.
and how profitable it is for us that God gave us the old testament.
true schoolmaster.
And i had a "Ah ha" moment.
(or a dahh moment as my niece would say)
My sister told me i should write it down.
Here it is.
.............................................................................................................

"Oh but God knows my heart"
Oh yes
You're right
He does
He also knew David's Heart
You know
David?
The guy God looked down at and said
That man
That man right there
Heart like Mine
(Acts 13:22)
A man after Mine Own heart
The only One that can know hearts
(Jeremiah 17 : 9 & 10)
Looked down at David's and said
That heart
That heart is like Mine
And that David
Still paid
Fourfold
(II Samuel 12)
One
Two
Three
Fourfold
Yeah God knew his heart
But he still had to pay for what he did

Yeah I'm sure his intent wasn't to sin
He didn't stay home from battle with the intent to commit adultery
He didn't go up to that roof with the expressed purpose of seeing Bathsheba all naked and bathing
He was probably just intending to rest awhile
Rest
With no intention
Of killing an innocent man
and taking away forever a woman's husband from her side
No
Not with a heart like God's
But he did
And for that
He had to pay
Fourfold

If any man could claim exemption
Escape judgment
By reason of the estate of his heart
It was David
That man
Had a heart like God's
But he still paid
One (II Samuel 12:15,18)
Two (II Samuel 13:1-17)
Three (II Samuel 13:28-32)
Fourfold (II Samuel 18:14 & 15)
.............................................................................................................
(KJV) Acts 13:22
And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will.
.............................................................................................................
(KJV) Psalm 51:1,2, 4 & 10
[[To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet came unto him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba.]]


Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.


Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.


Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.


Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
.............................................................................................................
still.
we can learn alot from David.

2 comments:

  1. wow. umm... wow. that is brilliant. so, i LOVE this particular style of writing because it is so "matter-of-fact-ly" and prudently. it's like you're not trying too hard to be a poem; you're just telling it like is, short and unsweet. and the point is so real. yeah, God knows your heart but actions do indeed matter. i love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! thank jillian for making me write it. i think this style is only way i can wrap my head around NOT writing a straight poem. i like how it's turning out :)

      Delete